Box Office & Ticketing Info
MAIN BOX OFFICE: 214-238-5690
The Prekindle Main Box Office
We have a DIFF pass to fit every budget.
The Prekindle Main Box Office [map] in West Village opens March 20.
The Prekindle Main Box Office is located at 3636 McKinney Ave #130, in West Village across from Chase Bank and next to Floyd’s 99 Barbershop [map].
The Main Box Office sells tickets and passes, Festival merchandise, and also handles Will Call for phone and Internet sales.
Hours & Location
Pre-Festival: Mon-Sat from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sun from noon-5 p.m.
During the Festival: Daily, one hour before the day’s first screening until last screening time of the day.
Address: 3636 McKinney Ave #130 across from Chase Bank.
Prekindle Theater Box Offices
Prekindle Theater Box Offices are located at each screening venue [map] and handle day-of-screening ticket sales and voucher exchanges.
Hours: An hour before the day’s first screening until the day’s last screening time.
Prekindle Online Box Office
The Prekindle Online Box Office is open 24 hours a day beginning March 13 for DFS members and March 16 for the public.
General Admission: $12
Discount Admission: $10
(Available to seniors 62 and over, students, veterans and educators with valid ID, and to patrons who present DART tickets or passes)
Centerpiece Screenings: $25
Opening Night Screening only: $35
Opening Night Screening and Gala: $85
DFS Honors: $125
PRE-FESTIVAL: Tickets or passes purchased online or by phone will be available on March 20 for the general public at the Prekindle Main Box Office in the West Village at 3636 McKinney Ave #130.
DURING THE FESTIVAL: Passes will be at the Prekindle Main Box Office. Tickets will be at the Prekindle Main Box Office, until the day before your first screening; afterward, tickets will be at the screening venue. Please pick up your tickets at least one hour before your screening.
SAME-DAY SALES: Day-of-show tickets are available in exchange for cash or voucher only at each theater’s Festival box office, which will open one hour before the day’s first screening; they are not available by phone or online. All day-of-show ticket sales are final (no refunds or exchanges). Please be seated 15 minutes before the film’s screening time or risk losing your seat.
Where do I pick up my vouchers, tickets or passes?
Advance ticketing and Will Call: At the Prekindle Main Box Office, you can purchase vouchers, tickets, and passes, and pick up items bought online or by phone.
Day-of-screening ticketing: Pick up or purchase your tickets at the theater [venues] where your film screens.
If you are spontaneous, unsure about what movies you want to see, or planning to spend time in Rush Lines, a voucher is for you. (Vouchers are no longer for sale.)
• A voucher can be exchanged at the Prekindle Main Box Office or the in-theater box offices for a ticket to any regular screening
• A voucher can be exchanged for a ticket in a Rush Line as seats become available.
• A voucher costs less than a ticket or a pass.
• A voucher does not guarantee admission to any screening.
• People with passes and tickets have access to seats before those with vouchers.
• A voucher must be exchanged for a ticket either at any Prekindle Box Office or in a Rush Line
If you won’t attend every day of the Festival, and you know the films you’d like to see and on which days you’d like to see them, a ticket is for you.
• It’s just like buying a ticket to see a movie at your local theater.
• A ticket holds your seat to a screening for up to 15 minutes before a film’s screening time.
• You can experience as many of the Festival’s films as you’d like without paying for a pass or dealing with the uncertainty of vouchers (see above) or Rush Lines
• Advance tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in person at the Prekindle Main Box Office.
• If you purchase tickets online, you have the option of having them mailed to you.
• You must be seated at least 15 minutes before a film’s screening time or you risk losing your seat.
• Same-day ticket sales are not available online or by phone.
• All ticket sales are final. There are no exchanges or refunds.
• Ticket holders can’t attend Festival parties (unless a special, separate ticket is purchased) and don’t have access to the Festival Lounge
• At screenings, ticket holders must wait for all pass holders to be seated. A screening may reach capacity before all ticket holders can claim a seat.
If you plan to attend the entire Festival, or several days of it, a pass is for you.
The Festival Pass and the Star Pass give you a seat at any regular screening. (You must be in your seat 15 minutes prior to screening time to guarantee your seat.) You also have access to the Festival Lounge [map].
Additionally, a Star Pass gives you access to the Opening Night Screening, Centerpiece Screenings, Galas and other Festival parties.
A Film Pass gives you access to all regular screenings at DIFF.
This year, we also have two Weekend Passes. These passes are good for either the beginning weekend of the Festival (March 31-April 2) or the final weekend of the Festival (April 7-9) and allow access to all regular screenings.
• Priority seating at all regular screenings at the Festival.
• No need to wait in a ticketing line.
• Priority access to Rush Line screenings.
• Star Pass holders have access to gala screenings and events, plus the Festival Lounge.
• Movie overload.
• Red eyes.
• No sleep for 11 DIFF-filled days.
DALLAS STAR AWARDBILL PAXTON (POSTHUMOUSLY)
Bill Paxton was an award-winning actor and filmmaker from Texas. In 1992, he landed his first leading role in ONE FALSE MOVE. Paxton went on to star in several hit films including ALIENS (1985), APOLLO 13 (1995), TWISTER (1996) and TITANIC (1997)
L.M. KIT CARSON
DAVID GORDON GREEN
This year’s L.M. Kit Carson Maverick Award Honoree is writer/director David Gordon Green. David Gordon Green’s debut feature, GEORGE WASHINGTON (2000) won the Discovery Award at the Toronto International Film Festival, and his second feature, ALL THE REAL GIRLS (2003) received a Special Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.
SHINING STAR AWARDZOEY DEUTCH
This year’s Shining Star Award Honoree is Zoey Deutch. Zoey Deutch is an actress known for VAMPIRE ACADEMY (2014), EVERYBODY WANTS SOME! (2016) and WHY HIM? (2016). Most recently, Zoey Deutch starred in two films selected at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, REBEL IN THE RYE and BEFORE I FALL.